The 38th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2017) invites Panel proposals on all aspects of distributed computing systems. We encourage submissions on issues of current interest to the community that are well-suited to open discussion and debate in a group setting.
Submission Guidelines for Panel Proposals
Each proposal should include the title of the panel, the names, affiliations, and brief biographies of the moderator and the panelists, and a brief (no more than one page in the ICDCS 2017 submission format) description of the content and format of the discussion.
Panels should focus on discussion and debate. We discourage panel formats that involve having panelists preparing and presenting slides or any lengthy individual presentations by the panelists. Proposals should include specific examples of provocative questions to be addressed by the panel, and should clearly answer the following questions:
- Why we should care, and what is the expected impact of the panel topic in our society?
- Why is the topic of current interest to the ICDCS community?
- Why is the topic well-suited to an open panel discussion?
- What should attendees expect to gain from attending/participating in this panel?
Short panel summaries will appear in the ICDCS 2017 conference proceedings.
- Erich Neuhold, University of Vienna, Austria
All panel proposals should be submitted electronically.
Electronic Submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icdcs2018
- Panel submission: March 23, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: April 6, 2018